Microsoft nowadays launched a new Windows 10 preview with six bug fixes. The replace bumps Windows 10 from construct 18356 (made to be had to testers on March 12) to construct 18358. These builds are from the 19H1 department, which represents the Windows 10 replace that can arrive within the first part of this yr (most probably finalized for Windows Insiders this month and rolled out to the general public in April).
Windows 10 is being advanced as a provider, which means it receives new options regularly. Microsoft has launched six primary updates to this point: November Update, Anniversary Update, Creators Update, Fall Creators Update, April 2018 Update, and October 2018 Update.
We don’t but know if the following replace can be known as the Windows 10 April 2019 Update. We do know, then again, that it’ll carry Windows 10 to model 1903.
Bug fixes and recognized problems
This 19H1 construct contains the next common bug fixes and enhancements:
- Addressed a topic with Game Mode that can degrade recreation streaming and recording high quality.
- More loose State of Decay slots. To get the newest replace, release the Store app, click on […] after which “Downloads and Updates”.
- Fixed a topic that would end result within the thumbnails in Alt + Tab occasionally changing into offset.
- Fixed a topic the place positive improve paths may just end result within the contents of the Recycle Bin being left beneath Windows.previous.
- Fixed a topic leading to upgrades failing at 18% or 25% and rolling again for some Insiders.
- Fixed a topic leading to some Insider experiencing inexperienced displays with error KERNEL_SECURITY_VIOLATION.
- Fixed a topic leading to some apps the usage of the Windows Installer failing to put in lately.
This construct has sixknown problems:
- Microsoft Store app updates don’t robotically set up on 18356+. As a workaround, you’ll manually take a look at for, and set up updates by the use of the Microsoft Store app. Open Select “…” > “Downloads and updates” > “Get updates”.
- Launching video games that use anti-cheat device might cause a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound playing cards aren’t functioning correctly.
- Some Realtek SD card readers aren’t functioning correctly.
- VMware can’t be put in or up to date in Windows Insider Preview builds. Hyper-V is a viable selection.
- If you put in any of the hot builds from the Fast ring and turn to the Slow ring, not obligatory content material reminiscent of enabling developer mode will fail. You should stay within the Fast ring so as to add/set up/permit not obligatory content material. This is as a result of not obligatory content material will handiest set up on builds licensed for explicit rings.
As all the time, don’t set up this in your manufacturing system.